Monday, January 23, 2012

Goodwill Everett

I know, I know, you all think that you already know goodwill! But for those who don't I am going to give a brief review. Goodwill industries is a thrift store and online auction house for new or gently used items. In the stores you can find books, furniture, shoes, house wares, clothing and much more. Some of my favorite items I have found there are golf clubs, toys, All Clad griddle, kids novels, cloths for Halloween and Jeans for myself. They are always having a sale on a different colored tag. Its a lot of fun just to look around and see what is there.
I have had a comment made to me "I feel bad shopping there because I feel like I am taking away from people who really need those items" and for that I respond that they receive so many donations daily that you and the economic challenged have plenty to choose from. And besides thet proceeds from your sales go to help Goodwill provide job training and employment assistants for people who would normally be unemployed. I use to have a client who worked in the Goodwill jobs department. She said she helps people who just got out of jail, handicapped and single parents find jobs.

Goodwill's mission statement is "Goodwill provides quality, effective employment training and basic education to individuals experiencing significant barriers to economic opportunity. Because jobs change lives."

What I like:
  • Cheap and current clothing for people who need them
  • Great kids books (personal favorite because I have a ferocious reader at home)
  • Inexpensive furniture
  • Goodwill helps people
  • The employees are always really nice
  • Electronics that work
  • A good return policy
What I would like to see:
  • Wider aisles
Local Goodwill
3002 Hoyt Ave
Everett, Wa 98201
(425) 743-6407
or
228 SW Everett Mall Way
Everett, Wa 98204
(425) 353-0957

Auction website



No comments:

Post a Comment