Monday, March 12, 2012

Evviva Woodfired Pizza

So I have been craving gourmet pizza like Pizzicato Pizza in Portland.  Some thing with goat cheese or asparagus.  Something special and different.  I found it at Evviva Woodfired Pizza in Edmonds near the ferry dock.  Evviva is located in a rundown strip mall and looked on the out side to me your average pizza joint.  But when you walk in your realize this is some place special.  There is a large domed oven in the back with fire wood underneath.  2 huge family style slab wood tables and 3 smaller tables.  Slab limestone tiles on the floor and a Gelato case.  The place had a homey feel and I was certainly excited to have there pizza.

Their pizza come in 11' and 16' sizes. Made with organic ingredients and baked with apple wood from Yakima Washington.  My son and I got a 11' pizza to share.  Half Pepperoni (nitrate free) and half Cranberry Goat Cheese.  When I tasted it, I knew I had found my special pizza place!  The crust was super thin and had the perfect chew.  My side with the Goat Cheese had a garlic and olive oil crust, and also sun dried tomatoes. I loved every bite of it and I even ate my crust.  Something I don't normally do because regular pizza crust is just to thick and hard.  My son's pepperoni side was equally amazing.  Not to much sauce and not overly cheesy.  Just right.  Our pizza came to $10 and was just big enough for my son and I to share with no left overs.  All their pizzas are made with traditional Italian ingredients and fresh veggies. Each week they have a Special pizza.  This week its Funghi.  Made with porcini, crimini, fior de latte mozzarella, grana, prosciutto cotta and basil.  Sound great!  I will have to come back for that one.

Things I like:

  • Beer on tap
  • Good Wine
  • Tiramisu
  • Corn syrup free bottled beverages
  • Easy parking
  • Takes Cards
  • Salads: Caprese and Caesar
Things I would like to see:
  • Nothing,  this place is perfect!
Hours Tuesday-Thursday 4pm to 9pm
           Friday-Sunday 11am to 9pm

178 Sunset Ave. South
Edmonds, Wa
425-299-0142
Yeah!  Thin Crust




No comments:

Post a Comment