Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lunchbox Laboratory

Few restaurants food give me a food buzz.  Pix Patisserie in Portland, Angel Thai in Bend, Oregon and Espresso Vivace in Seattle are some of the select few who are buzz inducing!  Now I can add Lunchbox Laboratory to the list. Lunchbox Laboratory is located in Seattle (near REI) and Bellevue.  They have been written up countless times and is worth all the praise they receive.   The Seattle location has a very hip and kitschy vibe.  Lunch boxes and lava lamps decorate and they have a rumpus room up stairs.  I think the rumpus room is adult only but I am not sure.

Lunchbox serves gourmet burgers.  All their burgers are artfully make with fresh and whole ingredients.  Hand formed kobe beef style patties, home made mayos, local kaiser rolls and crazy good toppings.  I had the burger of the Gods.  Made with candied caramelized onions, blue cheese and Gorgonzola spread.  Amazing!!  and incredibly sloppy.  Like I said, buzz inducing!  My husband the Tear Jerker!  Pepper Jack cheese, jalapenos, habanero mayo, Satan's tears ketchup.  Sounds crazy hot but my husband thought it the perfect amount of heat.   He enjoyed his burger just as much as I did.  My son order the corn dog off the kids menu.  I was surprised that they make there own batter and hand dip the dogs fresh to order. Our burger came with lettuce, tomato and red onion on the side.  All of our meals came with our choice of sides.  I got sweet potato fries, my husband order shoe string fries and my son got tater tots.  Our fries were made in house and were excellent, how ever the tater tots were not homemade.  We also order home made mac n cheese and a Whopper shake. Both indulgent and so tasty.  Whether you come for cocktails or dinner Lunchbox Laboratory is a fun and tasty place to go to!

Lunchbox Laboratory

Hours 11am-11pm Daily
Happy hour 3pm-6pm Daily

1253 Thomas St
Seattle, Wa
206-621-1090
or
909 112th Ave NE #105
Bellevue, Wa
425-505-2676

Things I liked:

  • Retro drinks like Kool-Aid and Tang
  • Candy bar shakes
  • Homemade kids menu items
  • Special salts
  • Its just a fun place to go!



Things I would like to see:

  • Option for a green side salad
  • Option for a slider version of their massive burgers

Whopper Shake!




No comments:

Post a Comment